Assistant Branch Manager
Responsible for assisting Branch Manager in guiding the branch staff by providing quality service to members, through sales and service of products with the expectation of meeting or exceeding branch and individual goals. This person requires an ability to communicate effectively with prospective and current members and to represent the credit union in a positive manner that supports our FIRST values.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Thorough knowledge of Credit Union products and services.
- Assist Branch Manager in maintaining a highly motivated, well-trained staff along with maintaining effective employee relations.
- Ability to problem solve within established policies and procedures, with the understanding and compliance of all state and federal regulations and laws.
- Experience in ensuring compliance with all governing regulations, especially Bank Secrecy Act requirements including: Currency Transaction Reports and monitoring and reporting as appropriate any suspected suspicious activity. Also, knowledge of Office of Foreign Asset control (OFAC) requirements.
- Monitor quality of service for members, and ensure that employees are maximizing opportunities to sell products. Educate and refer beneficial products/services.
- Assist in managing the security and safety of the branch, by upholding security and safety policies and procedures. Educate/alert staff regarding practices.
- Represent and promote the Credit Union professionally and positively within the community.
- Ensure compliance, accuracy with all internal controls in alignment of established policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information in a professional manner.
- Effectively communicate changes, issues, questions, updates, between staff, manager and solutions teams.
- Superb customer service orientation.
- Strong numeric ability.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency.
- Stress management/composure.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Leadership and supervisory skills.
This position is responsible for supervising branch staff, coaching as assigned by Branch Manager.
This job operates in a branch setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Physical presence in the branch setting is required.
This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This position requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work flexible schedule Monday through Friday.
Periodic travel to other FCU locations may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent. College graduate highly desirable.
- Three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Previous experience with a credit union highly desirable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Multi-lingual capabilities to include Spanish are a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.